Free Books Courses and Lecture Videos
General Undergraduate Courses
- Academic Earth: Free video courses from leading universities.:, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science
- OpenCourseWare Consortium
- lifehacker: get a free college education online
- cs50.tv: Harvard: Computer Science 50: Introduction to Computer Science I -- Lecture videos and problem sets
- Algorithms and Data Structures Fall 2007, Robert Sedgewick and Kevin Wayne, Princeton
- MIT 6.046J / 18.410J Introduction to Algorithms
- Google Code University
- graph-theory-algorithms-book: "A GNU-FDL book on algorithmic graph theory by David Joyner, Minh Van Nguyen, and Nathann Cohen. This is an introductory book on algorithmic graph theory. Theory and algorithms are illustrated using the Sage open source mathematics software"
- Programming Challenges Stony Brook University Online Course , Prof. Steven Skiena(Skiena's Algorithms Lectures)
Scott Tsai's Favorites
- Introduction to the Singular Value Decomposition Todd Will UW-La Crosse: High school level introduction to matrices.
- essential mathematics from Queen Mary University of London: Jr. High level drill exercises for those who never learned basic arithmetic and algebra right. I've actually seen Taiwanese high school students who could benefit from these exercises.
- Paul's Online Math Notes: Undergraduate pre-calc and Calculus.
- 18.098 / 6.099 Street-Fighting Mathematics: "...teaches the art of guessing results and solving problems without doing a proof or an exact calculation. Techniques include extreme-cases reasoning, dimensional analysis, successive approximation, discretization, generalization, and pictorial analysis. Applications include mental calculation, solid geometry, musical intervals, logarithms, integration, infinite series, solitaire, and differential equations. (No epsilons or deltas are harmed by taking this course.)"
- The Air Force Brain Booster Book: "A collection of fiftytwo activities loosely placed into three categories: puzzles, patterns, or curios."
- Vector Math for 3D Computer Graphics: "... tutorial on vector algebra and matrix algebra from the viewpoint of computer graphics. It covers most vector and matrix topics needed to read college-level computer graphics text books. Most graphics texts cover these subjects in an appendix, but it is often too short. This tutorial covers the same material at greater length, and with many examples."
- Using R for Introductory Statistics: "...treatment of statistical topics and the intricacies of the R software. The book treats exploratory data analysis with more attention than is typical, includes a chapter on simulation, and provides a unified approach to linear models."
Software Carpentry: Introduction to Programming for Scientists
"Many scientists and engineers spend much of their lives programming, but only a handful have ever been taught how to do this well. As a result, they spend their time wrestling with software, instead of doing research, but have no idea how reliable or efficient their programs are.
This course is an intensive introduction to basic software development practices for scientists and engineers that can reduce the time they spend programming by 20-25%."
Music: a Mathematical Offering by Dave Benson
"This book was written by two artist educators who teach digital art and design studio foundation classes. While teaching classes that take place in software laboratories, we noticed that many of our students expected to learn to use software, but gave little consideration to aesthetics or art and design history ... This book is a mash-up of the Bauhaus Basic Course and open source software such as Inkscape, Gimp, Firefox, and Processing. "
- O'Reilly Open Books
- Tech Bytes 360: Computer Science Video Lecture Tutorials Collection, FEBRUARY 4, 2010
- Khan Academy: 1400+ videos covering everything from basic arithmetic and algebra to differential equations, physics, chemistry, biology and finance recorded by Salman Khan (The Khan Academy exercises application)
- collection of K12 to high school education material founded by ex Sun executives
- stackoverflow: List of freely available programming books
- Michelle Marie: Thousands of FREE College Courses Listed By Institute
- Interesting Free Courses